Monday 21 January 2013

Fashion Trend•Babydoll Dress



With the grunge trend just growing bigger and bigger through out the winter months, the signature 90's shape babydoll dress has been no exception. This dress can be pairing with an over-sized denim jacket, a pair of dr martens and a beanie to give more of a 90's inspired look or a floral cardigan, knitted tights and patent pink ballet pumps for a more girly approach to this dress. As I said, this style of dress is big right now so it wont be hard to find a style and pattern that you love! Mine is the Topshop grey speckle tee dress (above: 4.) because it has a lovely relaxed fit around the waist and hips which can be dressed up by cinching in the waist with a statement belt. This has got to be my favourite style of dress ever because it so flattering and versatile (you can pair it with almost anything!) and can't wait to add some more to my collection.

1. PATTERNED Urban Outfitters, Staring At Stars Palm Print Open Babydoll Dress, £52 (buy here)
Whatever pattern, babydoll dresses can always be styled with a black leather jacket and chelsea boots in the day and transition into night with a block colour blazer and some studded killer heels! An effortless outfit that looks great.

2. SLEEVELESS Elkin, Rosemary Dress, £99 (buy here)
I love this dress because its such a twist on the famous babydoll shape! The t-shirt sleeves have been ditched leaving just the iconic cinched waist- and it still looks lovely. 

3. FLORAL Urban Outfitters, Vintage Renewal O&O Ethnic Dress, £45 (buy here)
Floral is a classic 90's pattern but has been re-vamped in this piece. The chiffon-esque material and earth toned floral print has more of a boho style to it. I think this dress would be great for summer with strappy, brown gladiator sandals, round sunnies and beach wavy hair. Such a nice dress!

4. PLAIN Topshop Speckle Roll Sleeve Mini Dress, £26 (buy here)
As I said before, I actually own this dress and dare I say it, I think it's the best purchase I've made from Topshop. This dress is so easy to layer with and looks great with a collared shirt underneath. If you prefer dresses that don't cling to your hips then I would recommend go one size up with this dress, as I did and have never regretted. If you want more of a cinched in waist, just put a belt around you waist line and your good to go!

4 comments:

  1. OMG your blog is adorable! Id follow but i cant find the button :o i just started one recently, check it out? <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! so is yours, oh my:o i'm not quite sure, if i've done it right but i think its there now? i'm not sure i'm new to this!i've followed yours now lovely

      p.s sorry for not replying for.. months!:-( x x

      Delete
  2. awesome wishlist, I could buy all of these dresses! <3

    londonandcoffee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, this weekend is good for me, since this time i am reading this enormous informative article here at my home. Floral Lingerie

    ReplyDelete